Today's Friday Five by Jan over at RevGalBlogPals is to write about 5 words you really like. Please explain why you have chosen each word, in such ways as: It is a description or attribute of yourself, activity you enjoy, word that is spelled or pronounced in an interesting way, passion of yours, word that brings you hope, peace, or comfort, word you like to repeat or sing.
- creative (along with the related create and creativity) - These words make me think of the power of God to bring things out of nothingness, but also our human power to make new and different things from what we find around us.
- hark - This word sounds neat, it is in several hymns (Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and Hark! A Thrilling Voice is Sounding), and I like how it gets an exclamation point after it. Hark means to listen/pay close attention to - which is something the world needs to do better.
- frolic - Frolic is a happy word that can be a noun, verb, or adjective. It can mean a playful or mischievous action (noun), to amuse oneself, play, run around happily (verb), and full of fun (adjective). I like the way it sounds and what it means, but have trouble remembering how to spell it.
- explore - I love to travel and learn new things. It's something I want to do more of.
- grace - This is a must pick for me (just look at my URL). My name means "one of grace", but I've never been particularly graceful in movement or speech. However, I am never lacking in grace from God!